Apple always seems to be the first to force us in to using a new port or adapter. I can still remember way back when they first eliminated the CD Drive from their computers and thinking HOW WILL I LIVE??? Maybe it was all for the best, maybe daddy Apple knows just what we need to be happy. One thing I can tell you is that when I got my new Macbook and it had no USB, HDMI, or SD ports that it felt a bit too soon.
One Hub to Rule Them All
Enter the HyperDrive USB C Hub. For the purposes of this review I will be talking about the one for Macbook Pro 13′ and 15′. I was led to this product by the person in the Apple Store who sold me my new Macbook which I found funny as Apple does have an adapter that is similar.
I will be blunt with you, this thing is bad ass. I had no idea that a port expansion adapter could fill my heart with #abundance but my god here we are. It has:
- HDMI Video Output – 1080p @ 60 Hz up to 4k @ 30Hz
- Thunderbolt 3 – up to 5k or 2x4k @ 60Hz Video, Up to 40Gb/s data speed, Max 100W Power Delivery
- 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports – 5Gb/s data speed, As well as high power to your devices
- USB-C port – 5Gb/s data speed
- SD/Micro card reader – UHS-1 104MB/s
- A cool little light that lights up
This thing is fast as all get out, boasting speeds of up to 50Gbps. I don’t have much else to say about this thing, if you have a new Macbook it is a no brainer. Buy it immediately. Thank you for your time.